Sunday, March 22, 2009

Goofy Abba

"'Nadira," he whispers. "You're here." He drops down in a chair opposite us. He's got this goofy smile on his face, sort of sloppy and tilted. One of his teeth bites on his lower lip, which makes him look silly. 
Abba, I want to say. Please sit up."

I think that Abba's time in the detainment facility has addled his brain a tiny bit. But I also think it's sweet that he's so happy to see Nadira. I am also kind of embarrassed for him, because he looks silly, and it probably would have mattered to him to look his best before he went to jail. I am kind of mad at Nadira for thinking this way about her father. She should be happy to see him, not be worrying about what he looks like. I can understand that she wants him to look professional, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment